Preliminary program of the workshop in Bonn online!
PARTICIPATORY PRACTICES FOR MUSEUMS
A workshop on accessibility and technology in the cultural field
Date: 10. 12. 2019
Venue: Art and Exhibition Hall of the Federal Republic of Germany (Bundeskunsthalle), Bonn
By Reinier Wolfs, Director of Bundeskunsthalle Bonn and Birgit Tellmann, Head of Education
10.10-13.00: MORNING SESSION
(Held by Helena Garcia-Carrizosa, Rotraut Krall, Thomas Köck, Andreas Reichinger, and Moritz Neumüller):
INTRODUCTION TO ARCHES (20 min)
An overview on the ARCHES research methodology, general principles of work, activities, technological results and group projects.
FIRST SESSION (30 min)
“On Dis-Ability”: the meaning of support and help people with various needs.
SECOND SESSION (30 min)
Accessibility: common problems and possible solutions.
11: 30 COFFEE BREAK (20 min): We provide light refreshments for all participants
THIRD SESSION (60 min)
Quick activities and Group-Projects.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (10 min)
We wrap up the morning session and make a list of things to be discussed in the afternoon.
13 – 14:00 LUNCH BREAK (one hour free time)
14.00-17.00: AFTERNOON SESSION
14:10 Participants will split into two groups:
First group: presentation of technology results of ARCHES (App, Games and Multisensory Reliefs). Held by Andreas Reichinger, and Moritz Neumüller
Second group: discussion and interchange of methodology and results between ARCHES and the participants of the workshops. Held by Helena Garcia-Carrizosa, Rotraut Krall, und Birgit Tellmann, with input by Thomas Köck.
15:10 COFFEE BREAK (20 min): We provide light refreshments for all participants
15:30 Change of groups
16.30 – 17.00: Groups meet again and report results. Q&A to wrap-up the workshop.
How to participate
– The workshop is free and open to professionals in the cultural sector.
– Registration open until workshop has filled
– Maximum 40-50 participants per workshop
– Registration by email, with Name, Surname, Affiliation, email, telephone
– Please indicate access needs and dietary requirements
– The workshop will be held in German. There will be translation into German sign language, in case any participant needs it.
– Registration through email firstname.lastname@example.org